Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative got its start in 2014 after being founded by community leaders who contributed time, expertise, and financial support to create a new and better way to deliver quality care. Today, CGHC is the health plan of choice for thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, individuals and families throughout eastern Wisconsin, all working together to change health insurance for the better.
It’s about people, not profit. Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative (CGHC) believes its members deserve honesty, compassion and exemplary service from their health insurer. We are committed to changing the health insurance experience through open dialogue, powerful advocacy and the delivery of trusted and understandable information.
WHAT IS A HEALTH INSURANCE COOPERATIVE?
Common Ground Health Cooperative (CGHC) is a “who,” not a “what.” We are thousands of Wisconsin residents, workers and families buying health care together, supported by a staff focused on our becoming the highest rated health plan in our region. CGHC is nonprofit and governed by a Board of Directors made up of members buying insurance. Any earnings are returned to our members in the form of lower prices or better services. Our focus is advocacy, and we use our expertise to help people understand their rights and their coverage.
Our mission puts members first in every decision we make or can influence. Since members run the show and there are no outside shareholders or profit motive, there’s really no alternative. The larger we grow, the faster we can make progress to change Wisconsin healthcare. We hope you join the movement!
- Non-profit, member-owned health insurance company
- Board of Directors made up of members elected by members
- Serving 19 Wisconsin counties
- Providing health insurance to more than 25,000 individuals, family members, small businesses, non-profits and community organizations
- Focused solely on individual and small employer health insurance
- Partnered with Aurora Healthcare, Bellin Health System and the Trilogy network to provide high quality care and access
- Sold on and off the Marketplace
- 75 employees
- Headquartered in Brookfield, WI