Manager of Marketing and Strategic Engagement
Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative (CGHC) is a nonprofit, community-owned health insurance company well positioned to grow into a major force for positive change in the Wisconsin health insurance market. We are a member-governed cooperative with a mission to provide affordable, innovative health insurance solutions to small businesses, non-profits and individuals in Wisconsin. CGHC is looking for a Manager of Marketing and Strategic Engagement who believes in our mission, is comfortable working in an exciting, fast-paced environment and who is compatible with our team of hardworking, fun and committed staff.
The Manager of Marketing and Strategic Engagement implements Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative’s marketing and engagement strategies and activities. The position is responsible for working with the Chief Strategy Officer and team members to develop CGHC’s Annual Strategic Marketing and Communications Plan, and then is primarily responsible for designing collateral and advertisements, running effective advertising and education campaigns and evaluating the success of any marketing or education effort to promote and measure success in the following three areas:
- Increased awareness of CGHC and its mission in the communities we serve and among potential partners that may join or enhance our mission;
- Engaged members that understand benefits, embrace our mission and provide input into the organization;
- Clear, cohesive and on message external communications, outreach and marketing.
This position works with a team that conducts effective marketing campaigns, community outreach, member education, public relations, social and traditional media strategy and internal and external communication.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities
- Implements elements of the Annual Strategic Marketing and Communications Plan
- Participates in the work of the member advisory committee and works collaboratively with the team on other member engagement activities
- Takes event marketing, outreach and lead generation activities to the next level; manages the development and implementation of direct response (mail, email, phone) activities
- Ensures print and digital communications including website, plan documents, newsletters, mobile app, member portals are up to date, fact-based, easy to follow and evocative when necessary
- Manages external vendors related to community engagement, marketing, and communications
- Designs and produces engaging marketing, advertising and communications collateral – both digital and print
- Creates and oversees work plans to ensure highly efficient execution of activities within budget
- Develops evaluation tools to promote evidence-based decision making including marketing ROI report
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Business Preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in marketing communications encompassing multi-media disciplines
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, WordPress, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and interest health plans and health care
- A passion for changing the way people think about health insurance companies
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated talent for design
- Exceptional organizational, leadership and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-project environment
- Maintain attendance according to Company standards
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures
- Abide by all requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and maintain patient, employee, and proprietary confidentiality
- Ability to treat others with dignity, respect, and courtesy
- Ability to provide professional image and act professionally
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing situation
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions. This position is predominately a sedentary role, operating in an office setting in a very fast paced environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, including computers, phones, headsets, photocopiers, and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, and periodically bend and reach. There will be occasions where lifting boxes up to 20 pounds will be required.
Join a winning team of committed professionals in a growing enterprise. Qualified applicants should send their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.