Senior Health Care Analyst
Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative (CGHC) is a nonprofit, community-owned health insurance company well positioned to grow into a major force for positive change in the Wisconsin health insurance market. We are a member-governed cooperative with a mission to provide affordable, innovative health insurance solutions to small businesses, non-profits and individuals in Wisconsin. CGHC is looking for a Senior Health Care Analyst who believes in our mission, is comfortable working in an exciting, fast-paced environment and who is compatible with our team of hardworking, fun and committed staff.
The Senior Health Care Analyst is responsible for monitoring through quantitative analysis, the health outcome and financial impact of health care interventions, policy changes, and population dynamics. This will involve facilitating, structuring and delivering data analyses in response to requests from business units across the company, under general supervision. Special emphasis is placed on data visualization techniques. This position also participates in strategic discussions, intakes report requests, estimates effort level, prioritizes requests, collaborates with other analysts, carries out data analysis, facilitates quality reviews, and communicates results to requesters. Supports all business units, including, but not limited to, administration, finance, HR, medical management, claims, enrollment & billing, marketing, and sales. The position will also develop, implement, and promote adherence to a company-wide triaging and prioritization process, including a user-friendly tool/interface for requesters. Incumbent must be comfortable relating the results of data analysis to specific strategic initiatives and also have the ability to define meaningful metrics that will measure the success of the company’s strategic initiatives.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities:
- Manages analytical projects for business units, with emphasis on producing focused dashboards.
- Provides direction and guidance to data analysts, and oversees analysis of data from multiple sources to analyze the impact of various strategic initiatives.
- Facilitates further identification of potential areas for business improvement and alternative strategies.
- Leads projects from conceptualization to completion.
- Defines CGHC’s data visualization standards and best practices.
- Designs/develops new dashboards and reports using SSRS and Tableau that are innovative and effective.
- Enhances company’s expertise in leveraging Business Intelligence (BI) visualization technologies, assisting with the design and implementation of a company-wide Tableau deployment strategy.
- Communicates regularly with end-users across multiple departments to understand their business needs, operating challenges, and report-related timing requirements.
- Assists with the development, deployment, and maintenance of a company-wide report request process, and provides ongoing staffing to support that process.
- Provides accurate and reliable estimates of the needed to carry out analytical projects.
- Organizes and prioritizes different assignments with sometimes-competing due dates, regularly communicating changes in timelines to affected business units, assuring expectations are always clear and well-understood.
- Creates reports and extracts out of core information systems using a broad set of programming tools (e.g., MS SQL Server Reporting, Tableau, Excel, etc.), aligning the most appropriate tool to the business need.
- Analyzes and interprets reports and extracts independently, and in conjunction with staff from business units, to better understand the current state of operations and propose enhancements.
- Supports statistical and trend analyses related to implementation of company-side initiatives.
- Documents both the technical and interpretative components of work products, following industry best practices and departmental procedures.
- Presents summary analyses and findings to managers and company leadership in a professional and non-technical manner.
- Assists with the design and implementation of a company-wide Tableau deployment strategy.
- Coordinates very closely with other analysts, shares work products, leverages existing products, and contributes to increased organizational efficiencies.
- Develops, maintains, and grows strong professional relationships across all business units.
- Analyzes complex, federal and state policy requirements as they relate to report requests and data analysis, to assure reporting needs are understood and complied with.
- Any other task or duty as assigned or required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, mathematics, statistics, or other technical field, and related work-related experience of 5+ years
- Minimum of three years’ work experience performing data analytics in healthcare or health insurance fields
- Ability to build strong, collaborative working relationships with all business units across the company
- Superior quantitative skills, including ability to implement statistical modeling methods
- Experience in database design, table modeling, and procedure scripting
- Structured query language experience (stored procedures, views, ETL scripts)
- Experience working in Microsoft SQL Server 2014 database environment (SSIS, SSRS), and both Tableau desktop and Tableau Server environments
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal); communication and relational skills must be suitable to regular interaction with all levels within the organization.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft suite of products (Project, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to develop and understand technical requirements and designs related to system processes and procedures
- Maintains attendance according to Company standards
- Adheres to Company policies and procedures
- Ability to treat others with dignity, respect, and courtesy
- Ability to maintain patient, employee, and proprietary confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively in-person and in all forms of communication
- Ability to provide professional image and act professionally
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing situations
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions. This position operates in an office setting in a very fast paced environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, including computers and phones. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to talk, hear and sit for prolonged periods of time.
Join a winning team of committed professionals in a growing enterprise. Qualified applicants should send their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative, Attn: Human Resources, 120 Bishop’s Way, Suite 150, Brookfield, WI 53005.