Common Ground Healthcare Announces 2017 Board of Directors
June 1, 2017
Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative (CGHC) today announced its 2017-2018 governing Board of Directors.
As a member-governed, non-profit cooperative, CGHC’s voting Board of Directors is made up of individuals who have health insurance through CGHC and who are elected by the other adult policyholders, serving staggered three year terms. This unique governance model means that CGHC holds annual elections for at least one-third of the seats on the 9-member Board of Directors.
In 2017, three seats were available for election and the CGHC nominations committee selected six individuals to stand for election to the board in a highly contested election. The individuals elected to the board to serve three year terms are as follows:
Amy Murphy (MPH), public health consultant and professional group facilitator, was re-elected by her peers to serve another three-year term. She has experience with government agencies, strategic planning and population health management;
Keisha Krumm, lead organizer at Southeast Wisconsin Common Ground, was also re-elected to serve another three-year term. She has experience in marketing, communications, management and community organizing.
John Farrelly, was selected by members as a new Board member. John is a self-employed business advisor with experience in executive management, finance, accounting, marketing, health benefits and healthcare technology.
The newly elected and re-elected directors will join their fellow board members listed below:
- Jim Wesp, chairman of the board, who has experience in small business management and practices.
- Suzanne Garrity, who through her work in small medical practices, has significant clinical and administrative background in insurance contracting and claims.
- John Maglio, who served as an advocate for workers during labor healthcare negotiations and who now is a nonprofit volunteer
- Mary Rehberg, CGHC board treasurer, has a background in accounting, business management and risk management.
- Clifford Pukel, a physician, who has experience in clinical medical practice, business management and leadership of nonprofit organizations; and
- Terri Weber, a registered nurse and attorney who has experience with both insurance and nonprofits.
Incumbent board member, Amy Murphy stated “I have a heartfelt commitment to CGHC value for people over profit. I believe that equal access to high quality health care is important to families and our communities. I bring experience as a self-employed consumer who is responsible for my family’s health care and as a public health professional to the board and feel grateful for the opportunity to serve.”
About Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative
CGHC provides health insurance to small businesses, nonprofits, individuals and families. As a nonprofit, member-governed cooperative, CGHC is committed to changing the health insurance experience through open dialogue, powerful advocacy and the delivery of trusted and understandable information to members and stakeholders.
CGHC’s headquarters are based in Brookfield, Wisconsin and its products are available in 19 Wisconsin counties including Brown, Calumet, Door, Fond du Lac, Kenosha, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Marinette, Milwaukee, Oconto, Outagamie, Ozaukee, Racine, Shawano, Sheboygan, Walworth, Washington, Waukesha and Winnebago counties.