SPECIAL ENROLLMENT PERIOD
Open enrollment for 2018 coverage runs until December 15, 2017. You may still qualify for 2018 enrollment in a qualified health plan if you lose your existing coverage or have some other kind of life event (such as having a baby or moving). These are called qualifying life events. If you had one of the qualifying life events listed below, you may qualify for a special enrollment period. It is important you contact HealthCare.gov or call our Member Services at 877.514.2442 as soon as possible after the event occurs since your special enrollment period will vary depending on your qualifying event.
- Getting married or divorced or death of spouse
- Having a child, adopting a child, or placing a child for adoption or in foster care
- Certain changes in income
- Loss of coverage due to permanent relocation
- Having a change in disability status
- Gaining or losing a dependent
- Certain losses of other health coverage (such as employer ending coverage, or loss of job or employee leaving a job that provides coverage)
- Turning 26 years old if you are enrolled in coverage through your family’s plan
- COBRA coverage period ends
It is important to note that generally you cannot qualify for a special enrollment period if you lose your health coverage because you stopped paying your premiums. Also, there is no special enrollment period available to people because they become ill, develop a chronic condition or have an accident.